Saturday, December 19, 2009

gold

hopefully the people in this swap aren't reading my blog. but I wanted to post something since it had been so long since I had posted. I have been working on this swap for our color swap which is cold.

Its both a card and a bookmark
the card as it stands alone.
And the tag. the tag proved to take longer than I expected. Its a tag with some chipboard glued to it. in the above case an S and a star. I did the letter for each person in the swap. then I took some gold metal paper and covered the top. then burnished it so the letters popped out. then I took alchol ink and smeared it on there. In this case eggplant.

This is where my problems began. this gold well it wore off in spots making it silvery looking. I let it dry overnight and looked at it again. well I guess I like it enough and I kept it that way. but then the back showed the manila tag. I didn't like this so I cut more of the purple and glued it on there but it looked tacky. so I found in my stash (lord knows I have enough of it) some gold foil tape. I did the edges in that and then did a tassel with this really expensive embroidery floss. Oh well use it up it isn't doing any good just sitting there right?? I really like how they turned out. I have to finish doing the tassels on the rest of the swap cards then in the mail they go on Monday.

close up of the tag.

1 comment:

Adriane C said...

I love the tag/bookmarker. It's really cool looking!

~Adriane~