Monday, May 26, 2008

June Poppies

My June calendar page done yeah and its not even the end of the month yet.

I love poppies and this is a fun image. All stamps except the sky are Stamp in the Hand. the sky is stampscapes. I used glossy paper and marvy markers and ink. Direct to stamp for all but the bee. Sponging on the ground and some of the sky.

a close up of the bee and poppies. a tip I learned from Joyce Hazen is to use a little purple in the bee to give shading she said the wings too but I couldn't get them to turn out right so left clear. on the poppies there is a bit of red added after I colored with orange to give some shading


I love this technique its my favorite thing to do

3 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

My local stamp store has stampscapes classes and I have always wanted to take one. This is really beautiful!!

Rhonda Langley said...

So pretty!!! I love the little bee!

Carolyn King said...

this is gorgeous. what a beautiful calendar page!