Sunday, December 16, 2007

1st day of christmas - watercolor with markers

Viola Chef presents his birthday cake:




Merry Christmas and welcome to the first day of Christmas posts. One person from the comments will be picked at random will win this card .


So I don't own any Copic markers, yet at least. So I thought I would try the water color paper, stampin' up markers and waterpen. I think the big key is the paper you really need the water color paper.

I stamped using versafine, my well used and favorite black pad.



Then I started coloring using the lightest color first. I used Blush Blossum on the skin, Apricot on the lace under the cake. Not a whole lot of blending needed here except the face. then I added Pretty in pink for the cake, Pixie Pink for the candle and Summer sun for the flame.



Then I applied the bashful blue only in small sections at a time so the blending was easier. Key add the marker to the spots that are dark so if you have a line apply it, if you have a dark area apply it. then blend blend blend with the water color pen. you can take off and add as much as you want. At least till you wear a whole in the paper but that is very hard to do.






If you think it needs more color is to put the color then what you have take your marker and draw on plastic, like the lid of the box the stamps come in or a cd or acetate. Then take your water pen and add more color.


you will be surprised at how easy this is once you try it. really its the paper I am now convinced of it.




Disclaimer: Just want to say first I am NOT a demo nor do I work for any company just joe smoo passing on my stamping fun. Now I am not a professional photographer nor am I the greatest and best stamper. I may not get all the colors correctly so excuse me for this as well.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

He's adorable and I think you did a wonderful job with the coloring! Merry Christmas!

Tesla said...

Great job with the coloring! I love that shade of blue! Merry Christmas!

Julie R said...

I like the way the color is shade. I don't have the SU markers but think I will try doing this with the ones I have.