Friday, January 4, 2008

day 10 - Stencil magic

Hope this was worth the extra day wait. I love this card. The background is a dream weaver stencil (shown below) on black paper and I daubed on stampin up craft white which needs to dry so you don't smear it.

the elk is another stencil by dream weaver. This time I put on black and put stencil paste over top. gold in this case. It doesn't take very much and make sure you run pull up on the stencil lightly and then RINSE immediately this stuff isn't good for brass I guess. I ended up making 15 of these because I needed some thank you cards. Most are still in pieces all over my desk like the spirelli project. Ugh and I need to do 2 more days worth of projects.

The tree stencil is one of my favorites. You can also spray bleach on it instead of daubing and you get the snow falling feeling but my bleach bottle was not cooperating with me today.


So Same rules as always here are the winners so far. comment back and you could be the next winner. only a few more days left of my 12 days of Christmas

1- chef - kellys artistic journaling * mailed 1/3/08
2 - chick - punkscrap
3 - dolly mama - lenore * mailed 1/3/08
4 - cabin - Giulia from italy
5 - poppies - Jeanne S
6- atcs - Michelle * mailing 1/5/08
7 - envelop card - Lorraine
8- butterfly chalk - Mindy * mailing 1/5/08
9 - Spirelli - Jennifer Hodge * mailing 1/5/08
10 -Stencil ?????
11 -
12 -

16 comments:

Card Creations said...

I'm a wiener!!!! yeh....I love your blog...I am actually subscribed to it now...so glad I found it through SCS!

Lorraine said...

This is very pretty. I never knew there was such a thing as stencils such as these for stamping. You've created a beautiful card, worth framing! thanks for sharing

Signe said...

I love this card.... I love how the elk stands out against the background. Great Job!!!

Tami in OH said...

Very cool --- I've never seen this done before annd I love the results! Nice card!

Louise F NZ said...

Lovely card. That stencil is great!
Another fantastic days card

Swamp Tulip said...

Very pretty. I never heard of these stencils either. Thanks for sharing!

Teresa

Robyn said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! You did a lot of work here and it shows. Thanks for the inspiration!

Fiona said...

This is a beautiful card - I didn't know about stencils for stampers either - so glad i found this Sis!

Jackie said...

Wow - I really like that one!! I love what you did with the deer/elk in the foreground and he shimmers so nicely with that gold paste. Now I think I need that tree stencil!

Sharon said...

Beautiful!!

Becky Carafa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, wow!

Tammy said...

Wow...what an incredible effect that has doing it that way. Totally unique and striking! Just beautiful! I just found your blog after chatting w/you in the Gina K. forum. Very nice to meet you!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wow! This is really cool! Certainly worth the time and effort!

laos348 said...

This is a gorgeous card! I really like how you used the stencils. I have some stencils, just never use them.

Joani McDonald said...

Neat-o! I have lots of stencils I never use anymore ~ I think that I need to pull them out. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Joani

Cathy Rulli said...

Wow - what a cool technique! tfs