Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gel medium

Savanna

these are two samples of a new technique that I played with. No real stamping in there but used my stamping supplies. First you use a gel medium (i used a friends) not really sure what else you use this for but its like modge podge I think. I spread over some old file folders pretty think. then I added Lumiere paints, yarn, beads, charms and ribbon whatever. Oh added a bit of pearl x too. then heat set it with your embossing gun.
this first one I used the giraffe charm as my focal point. the beads in the sky are clouds, and the fibers are grass.


this next one I call Fire.
a layer of gel, then gold Lumiere and then a layer of russet. added some pearl ex and silver stuff then the ribbon.
the silver represents the sparks and the ribbon the flames. the heat gun melted some of the ribbon so this was perfect for it.

VERY messy technique but pretty fun. It was a challenge for me and I am glad it was on our technique list.

No comments: